Personal Trainer Burlington 2014
As a personal trainer in Burlington, I get asked all the time “What is the best tip or trick to loosing weight and attaining your optimal health and fitness goals”? To that question I respond – What is going to influence our clients the most as far as improving their overall health and energy is what they choose to put in their body as food and fuel. Many underestimate the utter importance of the effect food has on the body.
To this clean eating account, I find that what clients need most these days is some fresh inspiration to cook healthy nutritious meals to compliment their goals. Clients sometimes need to re-motivate themselves by finding new and exciting recipes to make each week for them and their family.
Our personal trainers in Burlington will educate you on what new and exciting healthy foods and ingredients you can use in your recipes that will expedite your fitness success.
Some of the latest trending foods and spices that have amazing nutritional benefits and are great fuel for your body include:
1. Coconut oil – one of nature’s superfoods! It provides instant energy for your body. An excellent source of omega 3’s for brain, nerve, skin and hair health. Can also aid with weight loss, maintaining cholesterol levels, stress relief, increased immunity and more.
2. Chia seeds – excellent source of omega 3’s, fibre, aids bone and teeth health, contains magnesium and phosphorous, helps fight belly fat, improves heart health, and can be used as a great addition to oatmeal, shakes and smoothies.
3. Ghee butter – a.k.a clarified butter. Has a high smoke point (similar to coconut oil) which means it’s molecules won’t break down into free radicals when heated. Also rich in soluble vitamins A, D and E. A great energy source and excellent for weight management. Easily digested and strengthens the immune system.
4. Quinoa – an ancient grain, superfood, and an excellent vegan source of a complete protein (contains all the essential amino acids the body needs). Is gluten-free, contains iron, B vitamins, calcium and many more excellent nutrients for your body.
5. Turmeric – natural anti- inflammatory, helps the immune system, increases the antioxidant capacity of the body, helps prevent and even treat cancer, supports healthy joints and bones, promotes radiant skin, aids digestion and much more.
6. Seeds – pumpkin, sesame, and sunflower seeds are all loaded with healthy fats and omega 3’s our body needs. In addition, seeds are packed with nutrients folic acid, iron, zinc and fibre. They are also excellent sources of protein and help build strong bones.
7. Kale – a.k.a. the “king of greens”. Are a nutritional powerhouse. High in fibre, iron, vitamin K, A, C, and calcium. A powerful anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, is heart-friendly, and is a great detox food which can aid in weight loss.
8. Juicing – I believe, is key to radiant health and has become a part of my daily morning routine. You can consume all of your daily vegetable and fruit requirements all in one healthy drink that is the most readily available for your body. Can be used as a detox and aid in weight loss.
Contact us TODAY to meet with one of our knowledgeable and experienced personal trainers in Burlington. You will be on your way to learning about all the key foods you need to consume in order to attain all of your health and fitness goals!